11/27/2009

When one door closes...

So, I lost it today~!!!
I am sure it had nothing to do with getting up early to get all of my Christmas shopping done in one fail swoop! My children were slamming their bedroom doors tonight. This action FRUSTRATES ME!!!!! Mostly because I don't want to pick up a severed finger and rush someone to a hospital. Partly because I don't want a finger to get pinched. and slightly because I don't want the darn door to break!!!
Needless to say we have had many conversations about slamming the door. Well, when it happened tonight I started screaming about how I don't want someone to get hurt and how many times do I have to ask? I wanted to play a game with you tonight but you are showing me that you need to go to bed early!
"I am trying to be a good mom, fun and happy and it is NOT working. I am terrible at this!!"
I went in the living room to pout (yes, I am 32--remember the lack of sleep? :))
B came in with big tears in her eyes and says,"Mom, I just want you to know that I think you are doing a great job being a mom."
I don't deserve her. I don't deserve any of my children. :)

2 comments:

Rendi said...

We've all been there...nothing is as humbling as a child reminding us of our failings! Good thing they are so forgiving!

kitty said...

Funny - you did better than my hubby. We almost lost a set of fingers in a door last night - and a set of ears in the process!! ha ha ha (do you know what I am talking about?)