I had a bit of a meltdown the other day. You know the kind(or maybe you don't) when it feels as if you will never make it. The one when you realize that inspite of all you think you are trying to do to be a perfect wife, mother, teacher, confidant, chef, couponer, taxi driver, house keeper you still aren't very good at any of it. In fact you are terrible. Ever been there? Well, this time. I called a friend who I think has it together. I asked her very pointed questions about what she does on a daily basis to keep it all working. She was a little taken back because she had "lost" it the night before. :) We are all so similar. Well, after we both smiled we decided that it really comes down to our focus. If we accentuate the positive then things might stay on course longer. I realized that it has been awhile since I have counted my blessings. Don't worry I won't name all of them one by one right here. :)
Suffice it to say that I am blessed!!!
My husband and children are wonderful!





4 comments:
WOW! I can soooo relate. I have been fluctuating between feeling like I am finally getting it together and melt down mode. Good to hear it is not just me, and to be reminded about perspective! (This is Sarah, by the way)
I hope that today has been a much better day. I have definitely been there as well, and it is no fun. I think Satan likes to try to make us feel this way because then we can't accomplish as much as we do when we realize how truly wonderful we are. I think that you are wonderful Kat, and I thank God everyday for the part you have played in my life.
Funny that you posted about this and I happened to check today. I haven't had a melt down (even though they have been known to happen) but I have felt in a rutt. It is a weird feeling. Not necessarily bad but what is the point. Anyway, your post was of use to me. I know that there is a point and that these precious little ones are worth all of our sacrafices even if they do go unnoticed. :) I sure do miss you. Have a great day. And I will too.
In order to leave a comment the word verification wants me to type the nonsense word "shrit". SHRIT happens. You get overwhelmed and get crazy--and you have to stop and remember that there are amazing things in your life too. Or just know that it could be a lot worse! Love you!
Post a Comment