I am sure you will all relate with this one. It has been one of those days...
Tonight B is saying family prayers and she says-thankly(thank thee) for the day. thankly that it is time for bed. I had to stop myself from shouting amen. It literally almost came out of my mouth. Then as she is hugging me good night she says- I know it is hard for you when daddy goes to basketball at night. So perceptive, really I am just exhausted. She said something else that was pretty cute but I have forgotten it in the time it took me to walk down the stairs and log onto the computer. :)
Yes, she is almost six and I should correct her on the thankly thing but I just think it is so cute!My sister called and reminded me that tomorrow is another day. I don't think that is the silver lining I was looking for. :)





5 comments:
Sounds like my night...I was ready to run away, the kids were going crazy and Ryan was at basketball. I know exactly how you are feeling. Do hope we both have a better tomorrow! Best wishes!!
thanks. things are always more manageable after a little sleep.:)
that is so cute. Brenten always reminds Heavenly Father to "do what is right and listen to mom" And then he will tell some random story or reaccount what he has done for the day. I asked him one time if he thinks Heavenly Father cared about chuck E cheese and all the different games there. And he told me yes and that he would like it. How could I argue that. I wonder how much I should correct and how much I should say they are his prayers who am I to make them the same as mine. If you have any insight, definately let me know. I seriously dont know how much I should step in. sorry for the long long long long comment. :)
I would support him in saying what he wants. Jesus said suffer the little children to come unto me. I think that it is very important to help children understand that their Heavenly Father loves them and that he truly does want to hear what they have to say. i think that our Father is very interested in the little things we do. There is a story that I can't quote right now but it is someone that heard the prophet Joseph Smith pray and he had to open his eyes or something to see if God was right there because he was talking to him like he would talk to a friend. I am sure I just ruined that story. The point is that we are commanded to pray and to pray over ALL things. Alma 34:middle of the chapther.
I think it is fantastic that he speaks from his heart and that he considers his Father in Heaven a friend. Encourage him and hopefully he will always share the details of his life with his Father. So, speaking of long long long long comments...:) But Brenten is right "do what is right and listen to mom" :)
Kat,
You need to give yourself more credit for the great mom that you are. When I am single parenting in the evening I feel so worn out and frustrated that we are lucky to get teeth brushed - prayers just don't happen. It's "Get in bed now!!!" I really admire all that you do to get those essential things taken care of. I also think it is very sweet that she notices how hard those evenings are for you. What a sensitive daughter- you are lucky to have her......she will be a big help in the future.
Love ya
joce
Post a Comment