So, all of those horror stories about Credit Card companies being horrible and mean...LIES!!! WOW!!!
(This is a super long Post, you can skip the details and just know that things are good.)
Please don't judge me:
We have a few credit cards. When I say a few I mean three. All of which have been cut up in our attempt to do our "Total Money Makeover" One of which is completely under control. Meaning that it is well below the limit and hasn't been late in a very long time. The other two are a dreadful mess!!! I haven't been answering the phone lately when the 1-800 numbers call. :{ I received a letter last week stating that if I called they could work with me. I mustered up the courage this morning and called. I spoke with a gentleman and he was VERY friendly and then his supervisor, female, was EQUALLY as friendly!!! They were able to change my 29.24% (gasp, I know) interest rate down to 0% locked in for 5 years (gasp again, I KNOW!) They lowered my minimum monthly payment and things looked rosy. Well, I asked if there was anything they could do about my husbands account (yes, with the same company). They looked at it and did the same thing!!!!! I know those of you who have escaped the credit cycle are shaking your heads that I am excited about the next five years but I have NO intention of having these balances for this long! I know the road to HE** is paved with good intentions but until I have completed this goal that is all they are. :)
With my new found courage I thought I would try to call my mortgage company and locate some lost funds. Lost funds you ask? Yes, we made a few partial payments and they seem to have been misplaced. Why haven't I tracked them down yet? Well, when I did call they told me they were there and they would be applied. Every time I called it took forever and I always seem to have a crying child in the background. Today was the day to get them applied. When I called there was more there than I thought and it took all of ten minutes to get it done!!! I am on cloud nine!!!!! If you read all of this than I hope it inspires you to either stay out of debt or try again to get free of this craziness that somehow many think is normal and OK. Try calling your credit card companies and asking for a lower interest rate. It worked for me. :) WAHOO!!!
I almost forgot to add that I know these things happened today because we have been faithful in paying our tithing and increased our fast offering. :)





4 comments:
I love the Total Money Makeover. It helped us so much. Good luck and that is awesome that the credit card companies worked with you and you can get them paid off!!!
That's amazing!!! I know they always say credit card companies will work with you, but that is going above and beyond! Good for them! (Will you tell me who they are so on the off chance we need a credit card I'll know who to go to?) :)
Kat - that is so fantastic! However, you know what is really bothering me....... here we are going through this national crisis.....and we.....the lower middle class are trying our best to be responsible.
Yet, I am finding that if you are a person that pays your bills on time and in full (instead of buying groceries or going out on a date) mortgage companies and credit card companies DO NOT....WILL NOT... work to ease your situation. I'm serious about this!! We would have to start missing payments, or get significantly behind before these people would care two hoots about changing our rates or allowing us to refinance. Isn't that stupid? Shouldn't they take equal interest in all their peeps?
Seriously.....Trev and I have been with one credit card company for 11 years. Never missed a payment..... Always paid in full and they have NEVER been willing to lower our rates. ARRG.
I am so glad your company is better than ours! :) Keep plugging away at that money make over. We are working on it too!! What a great plan for financial freedom huh!
sometimes you just need little things like that to make it not so overwhelming. I love stories like this. It is so motivating.
ps. it was great seeing you and your sweet kids. Thanks for taking sometime out for us.
Post a Comment