6/29/2009

Hmm hmm hmm hmm to me!!!!

After going back and forth I finally decided to post this picture of me. :) The debate is that I don't look that great. It is kind of frustrating. You all know that I don't wear much make-up and that my pony tail and I are inseperable but I was busy all day so I never got around to getting beautified. :) On the other hand there should be some record of how I looked on my 32nd birthday. Who knows maybe this is the cutest and skinniest I will ever be. If I don't document it now... hehe Thanks for listening. I also wanted to share that it was one of those good days. :) Playing with my kids and really enjoying them. We had nowhere we had to be and noone cared what we did or did not get done. :) If you have ever seen the movie Charly. They are in the yard playing and the mother is shelling peas. Charly asks her if it is always like this and the mother smiled and said no, this is just a good day. :) I love the moments that make it all worth while and I was lucky enough to have a whole day. :)
I don't know if other families do this but... I was raised taking a picture of christmas and birthday loot. :) I am wearing most of what I received. Below you will find a pic of me and my SINGING TELEGRAM!!!! That is right! My in-laws sent these sweet gentlemen over to my house to sing happy birthday to me! It was great!!!
And now the moment you have all been waiting for...the recipe for SNICKERS CAKE.
After years of making it I nailed it this year. I will tell you how to make it and you can't take shortcuts. p.s. I don't know who Vernalisa is, but you must give credit where credit is due. :)
Snickers Cake
Compliments of Vernalisa's Recipe Index
1 box German Chocolate cake mix (any chocolate is good)
1 pack Caramels (small pack) (DON'T use ice cream topping!)
1/2 cup Butter
1/3 cup Milk
6 oz. Chocolate Chips (I like Milk Chocolate)
1 cup nuts, chopped (any nuts are fine but make sure they are roasted NOT RAW, salted is also a bonus. I use peanuts)
Mix the cake as directed. Pour half of the batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake in pregeated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Melt caramels, butter and milk together. Pour over baked mixture. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over caramel mixture. Pour remaining cake batter over top of all and bake 20 minutes at 250 degrees.
Enjoy warm or chilled. :)


7 comments:

Jillian said...

32 and looking fantastic!!!! I only hope to look as great as you do at that age. Love ya lots Kat!

kitty said...

I want to see a picture of you in that super cute Modbe swim suit!! :)

And..... when you say "pack of carmels" what do you mean? The little squares you have to unwrap?

I am amazed that you only bake it at 250 for twenty minutes!

BTW - Yesterday I got 4 containers of Tuna, 4 jars of barbeque sauce and 8 packs of hotdogs and a gallon of milk for FREE! (you have to say free like Adam Sandler on bedtime stories)

I was pumped!!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Kat!

becky said...

Hey happy birthday. I'm glad you had a good day. And I only wished I could look as good as you with out makeup or my hair done

Chris and Kat said...

Thank you Thank you everyone!!! :)

Joce: Great job with the coupons!!! I am so proud of you (because I taught you everything I know)hehe NO YOU WILL NEVER SEE A PICTURE OF ME IN THAT SWIM SUIT!!!! The cake--bake on 350 for 15-20 and then 250 for 20 and yes it is the kind you unwrap.

Becky: You saw me this morning. Close up it is a LOT worse. :)

Rendi said...

Only 32...what a life! I'm glad your day was good and I will have to try this recipe. I don't know if I am up to unwrapping all those caramels. I would say the kids could do it, but I don't know how many would make it to the cake!

Amannda Ashby said...

Sounds like you had a very happy birthday. I loved the credit card story. I am VERY happy to hear that you taking control! I am probalby a bit too crazy about MONEY. The one thing I have learned is that to really get a head when it comes to money it takes a long time! My only fear is that I die before I can really enjoy all of mine and Pual's efforts. I will be SOOO mad if I don't get enjoy the day that I am old, gray and finacilly secure.