The first ones were working just great. Things were going smoothly and then all of a sudden *POP* and HOT Chocolate and balloon pieces went flying across the room. Then *POP* and another one bit the dust(really my ceiling, floor, counter top wall-10 feet away) In the mean time I had left one in the bowl while I tried to clean up the mess from the first two. Yep, you guessed it *POP*. Are you picturing this???? grr
My dear sweet husband says maybe the chocolate is too hot. I am a little grumpy by now. Of course the chocolate isn't too hot the first one's didn't pop. So, I made him blow up some more balloons but smaller because the small ones I did first weren't popping so it had to be the size difference. So, he blows up a few smaller ones (did I mention we are using water balloons...have you ever blown up a water balloon? Chris was sweet enough to blow up 17 of them. He loves me.) So, I stir up the chocolate and here we go with the smaller balloons. *POP* grr!!! a smaller balloon *POP* grrrgrrrgrrr Chris: honey, maybe it is too hot. The bowl is still over the pan. Maybe the steam is trapped in there and it is making it too hot. ME: hmmm maybe.
So, I took the bowl off the pan and let the chocolate cool a little and voila it worked!!! Thank you Chris! Of course Chris grabbed the camera when I was splattered. :) But they did turn out rather cute and now I know.





10 comments:
Should I be expecting mine in the mail anyday???? :)
Yeah right! They barely made it to deliver to people here. BERRY FRAGILE! hehe
Sorry about the splatter! They turned out really cute.
We made those at a Pampered Chef party and put ice cream in them. It was really good. I almost used them as an object lesson at church, but Justin changed my mind.
That is so cute. and now that you are out of the situation and live so far away I feel safe in saying that was really funny. I wish I was a fly on the wall.
Oh Becky, you know me too well!
Ann, I am not sure what the object lesson would have been. Patience? Long suffering? the refiner's fire? hehe
This is so cute! We have always wanted to try it and you beat me to it. We saw it on the Paula Dean show. They made big ones though. YUM!!! I would have laughed even if I was standing there. HAHAHAH! I love you!
I love your creativity! At least Chris helped you and you got it figured out. I have been such a lump on the creativity side- I currently have no braincells to give or use!
Rendi-I am not sure I will ever get my braincells back. That is just one of the reasons I am thankful for my husband!
hey do you know why I can't leave comments on Mary's blog. It is bugging me. Can you leave comments?
Funniest Story of the Week. thanks. I have needed a good laugh. i know it wasn't at the time but if you were doing it with me we would have been laughing our heads off and just finished off the chocolate in the pan. Screw the Balloons.
Post a Comment