Here is the recipe for the fabulous salad that we had at the Blue and Gold Banqauet.
Massaged Kale Salad with Currants
One bunch of Kale
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 onion cut into small pieces
1/2 apple cut into small pieces
1/3 cup currants (or raisins)
1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/3 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons Raw Apple Cider Vinegar can use lemon or lime juice
Destem and cut Kale into bite size pieces and then pour salt over it and massage/squeeze for two minutes. You don't want it to get too massaged. Toss the Kale with the other ingredients except the cheese. Taste and add salt and/or vinegar. When at desired flavor gently stir in cheese.
It keeps in the fridge for 5 days. ;)





6 comments:
kale??? YUK!!! And I don't know how I would feel about massaging my salad. :) You are so good to try new foods. Way better than I am.
oh Becky...
Lots of people in the ward loved it!!!
Just give it a try.
The salad was Yummy! Who would of thought that kale was more than a garnish!! I am EXCITED to massage my kale. (I know that doesn't suprise you!)
Sorry I missed it. I copied it and I'll have to try it. Sounds really good. The word verification on this one was butdomed. That's kinda funny.
I love word verification!
Post a Comment