4/11/2009

I am afraid this is "normal" for me...

I can't seem to upload these pictures in the right order so here is the story with it all mixed up! figures. *sigh* :)
Have you ever tried to get in front of a two year old while they are picking up eggs? I can't seem to get it right. We have a lot of pictures like this. You think they are going for the green egg and then grab the yellow one!

This is where our story begins...Four young children. Three of them VERY VERY EXCITED to go to the Easter egg hunt. We woke up early and took baths, had pancakes and rushed out the door. Chris had to work and left 5 minutes before I started screaming because we couldn't find jackets!!! The kids and I rush out to the truck (blue one)and jump in. I should re-phrase that...I throw the three older ones in and then spend FOR-EV-ER trying to get S in just right with his carseat. (We really appreciate that we can borrow the blue truck but it really isn't very condusive to the fact that we, I mean, I am always late and running and it is hard to get the kids in quick.) anyway back to egg land. So, we jump in. I put the key in and begin the lecture about being good listeners and staying close to me and not hogging all the eggs and...WHAT! The truck won't start! It appears that "someone", "no one" or "i don't know" was playing with the dome light! Deep down I know that even if I try 5-6 times the battery will still be dead but the kids don't know that so they keep saying "try one more time". I start calling people that I was supposed to meet there to let them know that we won't make it and they offer to come get us. Did I mention that it is ten minutes before it starts and even though we live in a small town it still would take over ten minutes to get there and lined up. We accepted a ride and the girls found their friends. C barely made it to his line when they said GO.


Yeah! We made it!


These are the kind of pics you get when you are clear across the football field. :)

They are in there...somewhere.

Here they are ready to go.

1 comment:

Amannda Ashby said...

I love your little lecture to the kids. We had a similar lecture, but I recall leaving out the part about sharing the eggs. I tell my kids to jump in there and pick up the candy. I figure when the egg hunt is over it is alot easier to ask my kids to share with other kids that are crying because they didn't get any candy then to have the crying child. I am very happy to hear that you made it. Those egg hunts are tricky if you are a couple fo seconds late you just might walk away with nothing. I am happy to hear that the story had a happy ending!