4/21/2009

Look how happy the chicks look in their new home!
Isn't this great? :) PVC pipe, chicken wire and zip ties!!!! :) We came up short on chicken wire so we threw some wood on top to weigh it down and add some shade. Go us! There is no floor so we can move it around and they can look for bugs! Not quite free range but I think they are happy.

3 comments:

kitty said...

This is still hilarious to me. By the time you buy your caging supplies wouldn't it just be cheaper to go buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts and spare yourself the butchering drama? Or do you think B and D are going to have peaceful dreams of Kermit pecking around the heavens? HA HA HA

kitty said...

ps. I hope you know I'm kidding... what a great experience for your kids. Taking care of a pet and understanding where our food actually comes from. Have fun.

Juannaelmi said...

I think your cage is lovely. Ours was similar, but out of wood, so when I had to move them it was a little heavy by myself. We had silkies, they were quite, didn't fly and were just so cute.