I have joined the land of the coupon clippers! I have been following The Thrifty Mom blog for about a month now. I was introduced to the Krazy Coupon Lady blog and in talking with a friend we decided to do it!!!
Michelle is a seasoned coupon clipper and offered to help me with my confidence. :) It is also more affordable to go with someone since we don't live that close to any of the stores.
So, last Saturday night we went to Target, Albertson's and Walgreen's. We went late and it took a few hours. We will get faster but for the first time we did GREAT!!! I was able to get
$149.90 in groceries for only
$82.73.
I must have added wrong Saturday night so if you heard different numbers... :) That is a savings of
$67.17 Yippeee!!!

This is my Target transaction.
$3.58 I saved
$7.00!!

Here is Walgreens
$30.63 I saved
$20.93!!! You are right, I didn't NEED anything in this picture. But, by buying them on sale then when I do need them I have them and I bought them for cheap! The Neti Pots were the most expensive thing but we gave one as a gift and we will use the other one. That is a different post! ;)

Here is Albertson's I spent
$39.76 and saved
$33.64!!! I know some of you are looking at this food and thinking...Kat eats that???? Well, yes occasionally. The Pringles were $.91 the wet wipes $.99 and the applesauce was $.67 Yippeeee This transaction was enough to print off a Register Coupon for $5.00 which I was able to use on my next transaction.

This is my "splurge" :) S needed some dinner--Sweet Potato. I have wanted to pop some corn with the kids. We needed Gorgonzola Cheese for the salad for dinner Sunday. The tea--if you ever get a sore throat...this stuff is FABULOUS!!! Anyway I spent
$8.76 and saved
$5.60!!!
There were a few people that I wanted to thank for my success. :)
Emily who forced me onto Facebook and pretty much signed me up. Where I found Kevin who joined the group A Thrifty Mom. Whose blog I have been following for a month now. Peggy and Steve who gave me their coupon inserts. Michelle who helped me be brave and actually go. Denny(the checker at Albertson's), for making using coupons painless and even fun! And most importantly Chris for smiling when I come up with crazy ideas like this. :)
Michelle and I are going again...anyone else want to join us? Go to the blogs I mentioned and they spell it out for you. It is super easy!!!!
Happy couponing!!!
6 comments:
While your there, will you pick me up some Doritos? You can drop them off on the way home..
Way to go!
How exciting! I am so glad you were able to have such a great trip. Coupons are awesome!
I am a big fan of coupon clipping myself. I think it drives christian crazy but you have to with everything so expensive anymore.
woo hoo!! That's awesome!
I am very happy for you, but I have to say that I really do have a hard time with coupons. I am all for the idea of saving money, and I realize that at some point those things will be neede so it is great if you can get them at a fabulous price. However, I believe it would make doing a monthly budget very difficult. It forces you to buy things when the price is right not just when you need it. I have to stick with the mind set of buying what I need. Not just buying becasue it's a good price. I think I would end up in trouble buying things simply because they were cheap and never using them. I know myself too well. I enjoy spending money if given the chance!
I try to buy essentials as I go, but I try to budget a little bit for the extra good sales on items that I will definitely use later. Coupons can be very tricky...buy 2, get $1 off (when you only needed 1 in the first place), but there are a lot of good coupons. I'm trying to use them a bit more lately. (Oh, and LOVE TARGET!)
Post a Comment